SomaliCAN Outreach Newsletter
SOMALICAN OUTREACH NEWSLETTER
Welcome to the SomaliCAN Outreach Newsletter!
This is a Monthly Newsletter sponsored by the Ohio Developmental
Disabilities Council’s Outreach Subcommittee to provide information and
resources to the underserved Somali population and to promote more inter-
agency collaboration and coordination.
The goal is to give information and resources to the community and to promote
cultural competence in agencies providing services to the un-served and
underserved populations in Ohio.
The SomaliCAN Outreach Newsletter will do the following:
• Increase the awareness of services available
• Increase awareness of grant and funding opportunities
• Include an analysis & summary of polling
• Answer Frequently Asked Questions
• Navigating the Service System
• Various diversity/cultural competence highlights and Outreach Messages.
If you, or another person you know, would like to give feedback, suggest a topic
or contribute an article, that would increase understanding of issues that impact
minorities with developmental disabilities, please call us on (614) 781-1414 or e-
mail us at email@example.com. A member of our editorial team will respond to your
questions in the shortest time possible.